Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thank you, Haagen-Dazs!

I guess if you wish for something hard enough, it really does happen:

Photobucket

Why is lemon ice cream not widely available? I love this! It is the perfect balance of sweet and sour and simple and refreshing. As for my daughter, she likes it, but I think she liked it more when it was an unreachable ideal. I know how she feels; that look on her face the first time she tasted it embodied my sentiments about most of the do-it-yourself projects I've ever done. The reality is never as glamorous as the preconceived idea. But, just like her, it's good enough to happily eat it every night for dessert!

7 comments:

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

oh that sounds yummy

Katherine said...

I saw this in the store a bit ago, and must admit that I'm intrigued. And it helps that it's also one of their "5" products.

Cristina said...

I personally will never forgive Haagen-Dazs for discontinuing Sticky Toffee Pudding. I've never been the same since. However, I won't be petty about it and so I hope you enjoy your lemon :)

Allyson & Jere said...

I just generally enjoy anything lemon...so this would probably make "the grade" for me too.

jadenotjaded said...

I'm with you, but sadly, ANY ice-cream flavor will do!

SarahB said...

Thank you for posting this! My husband has searched high and low for lemon ice cream and we haven't been able to find any in years. I will be looking for this at the grocery store this afternoon!

Fire Wife Katie said...

It's great -- it has lemon zest in it. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...