Tuesday, August 30, 2011

There's gotta be a better picture for this sample collection poster.

A few weeks ago I went for a check-up. I headed down to the lab and went through the normal routine — got stuck with a needle, had some blood drawn, was handed a clear plastic cup, and was directed to a small bathroom.

Upon entering, I was greeted by this lovely woman:

Photobucket

She's been through this before, and she knows what you need to do to make your experience successful.

I think the medical poster community missed the mark with this one. Who wants Aunt Kathy watching? "Good job sweetie, now remember to wash your hands!"

"Could you give me a moment? PLEASE?!?"

This is much more appropriate:

Photobucket

Or, with some creative thinking, maybe we can re-imagine the situation into something a little more pleasant:

Photobucket

Oh, the humor that could have been injected into this poster!

Photobucket

Really, though, there's only one way to right the wrong this poster committed. I know you were all thinking this already:

Photobucket

You're welcome, medical poster community.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...